Under the Hood
When your car is properly tuned, the ignition system, fuel system, emission system and the computer system are all working together. This results in peak efficiency and optimum performance. A drivability problem is not always solved by a standard tune-up. The problem may be unrelated to a tune-up and may require a comprehensive diagnostic service.
Trust AA Auto Care & Tire for expert maintenance tune-ups and engine diagnostic services.
AA Auto Care & Tire Maintenance Engine Tune-Up service may include installing new spark plugs, set timing (if applicable), adjust carburetor (if applicable), inspect secondary wires, distributor cap, rotor, PCV valve, coil, and crankcase vent filter.
Engine Performance Warning Signs
- You lose power.
- Your gas mileage drops.
- Your engine "knocks" when it accelerates.
- Your engine stalls.
- Your engine starts hard, even when the battery easily turns the engine over.
- Your engine continues to run after you turn the ignition off.
- There is a noxious (harmful) exhaust odor.
- Your engine runs rough at any or all speeds.
- Your engine backfires, spits or pops.